Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

2010

2010 has been a year of big change, shifting focus, lessons learned, traveling and taking risks.Some projects i've been involved with this year...
Started off really well, with  with the success off Sindoor in Los Angeles Miami and Ireland.


In February, I got a chance to be involved with V-day (a global movement to end violence against women). I performed in a production of  Eve Ensler's The Vagina Monologues presented by The Living Society, with full proceeds of the show going towards WAVAW (women against violence against women).
My piece was one of the Spotlight Monologues: Memory of Her Face focusing on war crimes against women in Iraq, femicides in Juarez, Mexio and acid attacks in Pakistan. While researching, it really opened my eyes as to what was going on around me in the world, and i vowed to shed more light on these issues.

 


 You can also find me in the last issue of Asian Woman Magazine.




In March I did a show for Corsa Foundation, Kohinoor Diamond Ball . Funds were raised  for their Youth Scholarship program and to help organizations that are tackling youth related issues such as gang violence, substance abuse in the South Asian community.


I'll leave you with this quote:


He who obtains has little. He who scatters has much.
Lao-Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment